I had the pleasure of intermittently enjoying the Red Sox game last night (being a Bean town resident and all, though not a Sox fan) and laughing at all the poor fans watching their team get shut down...again.
John Lackey, part time Angels starter - part time fantasy starter (pour moi) was unbelievable until the 9th and then positively human, after allowing a tough single past the shortstop. Kevin Youkilis (known Manny Hater) homered to bring Lackey from ultimate high to "eff it, CG is good enough." Regardless, it was well done.
- J.P. Ricciardi through the gauntlet down when Greg Zaun asked for a trade. To quote (thanks to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com): "We're aware that Zaunie is unhappy. We wish he wouldn't go through the media with it. We wish he would come to us, especially knowing we have a good relationship. Unfortunately, right now, there are no takers for him. If there are, we'll definitely oblige him."
- Ricky Williams is back...mostly because he can't afford munchies right now
- Say what you want about Eagles Hanger on Jamal Jones, but he gives all he's got...and that's 100%, not 110%, because we all know that's bullshit
- Also from Philly, the Eagles will be spending 3 days with NFL officials discussing the new defensive radio options. In theory it seems simple and helpful, but based on this article, in practice it might become difficult if not downright confusing.
- Hey Barry Switzer got a job!
- ESPN - We've run out of ideas
- And finally, thanks to deadspin; Oh Morgantown, why am I not surprised