With the DJIA losing well over 8% of its value this week and the (infinitely more useful) S&P losing more than 9%, some of us at BNB have been very busy (especially for those involved with the markets...and everyone's 401k!)
Anyways, its limited my posting ability...but "chit happens."
Obviously the Philadelphia Eagles (of this BNBer's favorite team status) played in one hell of a game Sunday and is the highest rated MNF of all time. More to the point, both teams displayed series moxie and proved that they are both serious contenders and even Dr. Z ranks them 1st and 3rd respectively
To baseball, the National League just got a heck of a lot more interesting. With the Phillies win, coupled by the Mets, Brewers and Astros losses, the Phils have now taken soul control of 1st in the NL East (and are on the verge of winning today), while the Mets now lead the Wild Card, with the Brewers 1 game back and the 'Stros fading.
Baseball went from "oh crap" to "fuuuun" in one weekend (for me at least...sorry Mets fans)
- From SI, Dwight Howard is a Jackass
- Brian Dawkins makes no excuses
- Desperation in Seattle...like need a drink desperation (pun intended)
- AA's nice presentation of the NFL Announcing schedule and map
- I don't care about the Chiefs' stating QB...just the picture
- Yep, the Touchdown Monkey exists...now Peyton Manning is cursed
- Goodbye Tavaris
- And finally, Metslifers lets us know they're desperate.