Thursday, September 18, 2008
The turbulent baseball season, appears to be coming to a fantastic close. In the AL, the Indians defeated the Twins and the Yankees beat the White Sox, so Chicago maintains a 2.5 game lead with 10 or 11 to play. The Rays stomped the Red Sox en route to a 2 game lead in the AL East, though Boston still leads Minnesota by 7 games and the Yankees by 8. Any number of Minnesota (3)/New York (4) losses or Sox wins adding up to their magic number eliminates them and it looks like the winner of the AL East will have the road run through their home place and the pleasure of playing the White Sox (or potentially the Twins, but it doubtful). The Angels have already clinched and appear to be on their way to Home Field throughout (given the AL's victory in the All-Star Game)
In the NL, all the contenders for still feasibly open spots won last night except the Astros. The Phillies stopped the Bravos, The Mets held off the Nationals, keeping them .5 games behind the Phillies (short one in the win column with the game coming next Thursday), Pittsburgh beat L.A., while the D-Bags won, but with a 3.5 game lead and 10 to play, its hard to foresee L.A. missing out. Milwaukee defeated Chicago, but with an 8 game lead and 10 to play, a collapse of Metsian proportions would be required (and then some), thus leaving Milwaukee to contend in the clusterfuck of a wild card, where Philly leads the Mets by a half game in the East and the Mets lead the Brewers in the WC by half a game and the Astros sit 4 back.
- Via Deadspin, another lame fad
- SSReporters gives us the run down on the battle in Miami
- The DNC was in Denver...and now this, told ya they were socialist douches...
- Maybe he lost confidence because you keep calling him Chad Fucking Johnson
- Prepare for the Running Back Merry-go-round
- And Finally via MLBTradeRumors, Schilling says Manny's a dick and you don't know the half...wait...the 80% of it!