Admittedly, I missed last weeks "Weekly F.U. to Peter King," but only because I'm such a self-absorbed prick that I won't really write much about it unless I have my own football motivations. Rest assured, I do today (sorry Stillers' Fans).
Talk about a fantastic week of football and Peter backed it up with a pretty mild lead in for his MMBBQ. Regardless, even when King appears to have some bias, he backs off it the next week (well, except for some general NFL biases, such as pre-season pricing...but we all have opinions). Even his "holier-than-thou" attitude was slightly off today (what's wrong Peter?).
I suppose the game of the day would be Miami over New England, but as a general rule, a romp is hardly entertaining, even at the expense of a wounded Patriots squad.
Peter's fine 15 is always an exercise in futility. Including the blowjob given by Peter to the Eagles last week, he now ranks them 2nd (in the NFL) just behind the Cowboys with the belief that those two might make it a lot more interesting in their week 17 matchup (and they will), though he dropped New England like a rock and has little faith in unbeatens like Tennessee (6), Denver (7) or Buffalo (8) - with Buffalo, in my opinion, being slighted the most...laughed at Donte Whitner a few years ago, guess what, you're a dumbass.
I am rather confused by Peter's own confusion over the draw that is the NFL. Peter was convinced (admittedly by others, as he claims) that the NFL would somehow suffer (as a marketble product) without Tom Brady. Turns out, he provided insight to the contrary, suggesting that without Brady, the games are more compelling (and yes, people prefer not to see blowouts). Its all fairly factually accurate and understandable, but what I don't get is how someone so close to the NFL hasn't yet realized that the NFL runs on parity, on a league where a team like the Giants can topple a juggarnaut for the championship.
He's also got a nice jab at Warren Sapp (sorry Peter, but Warren's right)
And finally, he brought up some nice facts on Jeff Pearlman's new book Boys will be Boys. Namely, the players we thought were total dicks were indeed total dicks. Namely proving how respectable characters like Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith coped with the bad guys like Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin (and yet, some people think booing a guy, admittedly while he layed on the field, who stabbed another man because he wouldn't get up mid-haircut, is somehow wrong...Irvin, at least in my opinion, clearly is every bit the asshole I've always thought he was). Clearly, there was at least a contingent of the Dallas Cowboys squad that was total scum. It really has to make you wonder, what even today's lockerrooms are like.
- ArmchairGM, for those of you who don't know, is a sports wiki. Its a website where anyone can blog, but it represents a consortium of growing writers that, for lack of a better team, encourage growth. The writers themselves are affiliated only because they use the same site and its possible you may never seen the same writer again. That being said, today it appears to have a varitable cornicopia of good stuff: A Keltner List on David Cone, our own Manny Stiles gives us his Eulogy for Yankee Stadium, And the Steroids Hall of Fame's newest member, Hulk Hogan.
- Its a great idea, but honestly, who falls asleep as Shea, I just assumed all the fans would leave by the 7th with the assumption they'll lose.
- Merrill Hoge is a dick
- Copy it all you want, but everyone knows 1/3 of the earth is covered by land, the rest is covered by Brian Dawkins
- Remember, its only partially wrong to make fun of Mike Golic's son.
- That chatter you're hearing, is Eagles fans living up on the Ben Franklin...
- And Finally, If you didn't watch any baseball this weekend, TheFightins can give you a simple summary on what happened
UPDATE: Apparently, What Would Tyler Durden do is reporting that Eagles Receiver Hank Baskett and Girl Next Door, Kendra Wilkinson are engaged...Needless to say, we'll work on sexual innuendos later on this week...
Double UPDATE: Since I'm going to be away from the internet for the bulk of tomorrow and Wednesday, our new BNBer Romi will be filling in for me as much as he can (the poor college kid already has to fit this, schoolwork and drinking into his college schedule, so we'll give him some credit). If things aren't up to par...well...I'll let you know when his BNB e-mail is set up...