Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Bulimia has never been so funny...
Yeah, I would have taken the label off too
Indeed, damn that strong beer
The only question I have: "who keeps a couch like that on, what appears to be, a really nice patio"
What the fuck? Five Beers?
Oh yeah, and this one!
Last post before Thanksgiving Break, so don’t expect any posts until maybe the weekend. Stuff yourself with turkey, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, cornbread, biscuits, and then watch some quality football AND a Seahawks game.
Last week I went 10-6, not bad considering the slew of road teams that won (10).
Titans @ Lions - Detroit will do what they continue to do…..suck. It will start off brilliantly, a 98 yard touchdown pass from Culpepper to Calvin Johnson. Next, Kerry Collins throws a pick 6, 14-0. Ensuing possession, Chris Johnson fumbles and the Lions capitalize and make it 21-0, all in the first 2:30 of the game. Tennessee will then score 38 unanswered before the Lions kick a meaningless field goal. This team is going 0-16 (or at the very least, winless with 1 tie). Titans 38 Lions 24
Seahawks @ Cowboys - Matt Hasselbeck throws an INT on the first play, then the next one, then the one after that, and then the one after that, all returned for TDs to make it 35-0. Mike Holmgren finally realizes his running game actually works and starts pounding it with Julius Jones en route to the “play it safe” 24 yard field goal by Olindo Mare. Kelly Jennings falls down as T.O whiffs by him and Brian Russell tries to tackle a coach on the sidelines instead of someone with the ball. Dallas converts on all of their 3rd down plays as John Marshall calls for a 9 man blitz, exposing the whopping 2 DBs despite it being a 5 wide receiver set, and even Brad Johnson throws for 200 yards. Cowboys 51 Seahawks 10
Cardinals @ Eagles - Andy Reid calls 90 passing plays and just 4 rushing plays, wasting a stunning effort by the defense (12 turnovers forced, 9 INTs thrown by Kurt Warner, 3 fumbles by Tim Hightower) as the Cards clinch the NFC West. Sean Considine records 40 tackles, 4 INTs, 1 returned to the 2 yard line only to see Donovan McNabb throw a killer INT at the goal line to Antrel Rolle. All of Arizona’s TDs come from punt returns thanks to 20 yard blasters by punter Sav Rocca; Philly fans finally get tired and start chanting “Cole Hamels is a better coach than Andy!”. The move works to perfection, because Andy Reid will soon get fired and the World Series MVP leads the Eagles to a stunning Super Bowl run. Cardinals 30 Eagles 13Happy Thanksgiving!
The college football landscape got a bit of a makeover on Saturday thanks to
4) USC: It’s going to be very funny to me when USC finishes the season in the top five in the country and fails to win the Pac-10. Nonetheless, the Trojans have put together a good season, but that one lost on a Thursday night looks like it will bite them in the ass. I bet you that Pete Carroll and company are wishing the Pac-10 had a conference championship now.
16) TCU: Great year played some great football. Their two losses came against two BCS teams, really TCU did everything they were supposed to do, but just did not have enough in the tank. This is the life that is college football.
18) BYU: When the season opened, the Cougars wanted to go undefeated and make it to a BCS game. When the hopes for a BCS season went down the tubes early in the season, the goal then became beat
21) Northwestern: This has been an amazing season for Northwestern. No many saw this team working their way into a bowl game but that is exactly what they have done. I tip my hat to them on a great season.
I have a goal of posting a draft review today. It may or may not come to fruition because I'm also making holiday travels late tonight (a midnight bus to be exact), but if I can crank the review, I will. Beyond that, the next few draft reviews may be entering the murky holiday time. At most, I'll post two between now and next Monday. I apologize, but I'm sure you all will be busy as well.
In an unrelated note, Northeastern Hockey is now ranked 4th in the Nation in both the USCHO and USA Today polls, tops among Hockey East teams. Northeastern is set to face #7 Princeton this weekend in the RPI Holiday Tournament in what could be considered a national statement game. Additionally, they are entered in the Dodge Holiday Classic, set for the weekend after New Years where they could face current #1 Minnesota (they could only meet in the championship for the four team tournament) in what could be a preview for the NCAA Tourney. Needless to say, its an exciting time for Husky Hockey which hasn't been this competitive since the mid 80s.
- The name "Dr. James Andrews" is probably the worst name in all of sports. Andrews, of course, is an excellent doctor, but if your star player needs to see him, its always bad. Real bad. Like Brady Quinn...sorry Browns fans.
- If there was ever a doubt ESPN didn't suck the big one, it has just been removed. AA gives us the scoop on ESPN's new plan to charge for video content. Much like the bullshit that is "Insider," I have no intention of paying for it...and again, its ridiculous, though if they somehow obtain the NCAA Basketball Tourney games, the shit could hit the fan.
- Wait, Mike Vick is still be charged (and convicted/pleading guilty) of stuff? The hands of justice is indeed very very slow. Oh well, at least the IRS isn't after him. What? They are?
- It looks like the Angels might appear to be just the medicine C.C. Sabathia was looking for (and the wallet too)
- The Pirates appear to be scouring all lands for pitchers...high, low, near, far...very very far. Like Indian Cricket Players far...
- Red Sox. Varitek. Not yet. And not ever, if I were a Sox fan. Any time a catcher's redeeming qualities are:"calls a good game" and "plays good defense" its code for "he sucks balls." Varitek wants a big payout (relatively) and frankly he's not worth it. How much does Kevin Cash suck for him not to start? Seriously? Is he defense/pitch calling so bad that they'd prefer to have 'Tek and his .200 average?
- If you thought my Survivor Series rundown sucked, try EC's on for size.
- Mike Leach says TT should be the top ranked 1-loss team in NCAA Football. As opposed to other teams who didn't just lose (by 44 fuckin' points!) to other 1 loss teams. Plus you can toss in Florida who lost by just 1 to an unranked (but talented opponent). Its hard to come back from being soundly whipped and in this case Leach is just really off.
- The Knicks are probably the most ridiculously entertaining franchise in the NBA.
- And finally, BNB will never miss a chance to give you Lenny Dykstra quotes...Not now, not ever