Brought to you in part by: The mean streets of ArmchairGM.com

Submit any blog posts you feel are worthy to links@badnewsbloggers.com
And by worthy.. we mean that they don't suck.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day Daily "Linkin' Logs" (10/13/08)


Last night it appeared as though the Philadelphia Phillies and Los Angeles Douchbags...err...Dodgers reached a fever pitch as far as fighting. L.A. won 7-2 via a 5 run fifth off of normally steady but playoff unready Jamie Moyer. The Phillies still lead the series 2 games to 1.

If you haven't been paying attention, the anger started in game 2 on Friday where Phillie Brett Myers appeared to toss one behind Manny Ramirez, unprevoked and without cause. Manny promptly struck out after that pitch but not without having words with Myers who appeared to be admitting that the ball simply slipped. Given the way I've see Brett throw, the Phillies lack of attack (in that manor) this season and the way the ball flew out, I have a tendency to believe him.

Back to Sunday. Hiroki Kuroda tossed a lofty one just above the head of tiny Shane Victorino. Vic took exception to such a pitch, pointing at his head and then his gut, to suggest to Kuroda that he'll take a pitch, just don't try to kill him by giving him one in the noggin. Head Doucher...err...Dodger Russell Martin didn't think Victorino was being to considerate and decided to give Vic a piece of his mind. Chase Utley then stepped in (with the umpire) and cooler heads prevaled. But as Victorino grounded out and Kuroda then decided that was the appropriate time to respond, the benches cleared with Manny Ramirez having to be held back and Mariano Duncan and Davey Lopes almost dropping the gloves.

Now, as a Philly fan, I can appreciate moxey. I'd love to see any one of our guys go toe-to-toe with any of their tofa players any day of the week, but I don't think any of these guys realize, the Phillies simply aren't the type of team to retaliate. Just look at Chase Utley, who's the new Craig Biggio, taking hits left and right for the sake of a free base. The Phillies respond the right way...with their bats.

Now, I'm not done yet. What sickens me most about all of this is the verbally felatio given to the Dodgers by Fox. I'm absolutely baffled that any network (actually its, Fox, why am I baffled?) would go so far as to clearly support one team over another. I just wish I had DVR so I could time the thing and listen to the radio via my MLB.tv subscription. I didn't think Buck had any clue the Phillies never retaliate and as I've mentioned before Tim McCarver went through an entire season before someone finally told him how to say Carlos Ruiz's name. These guys are down right criminal and if this series somehow manages 7 games with a Dodgers win there will be little doubt in my mind.

Baseball is fixed

No comments:

Website Hit Counters
Web Counter