So, I do fear the SI jinxing & Football Gods. Listen guys (and ladies), I saw what you did to Tom Brady. I get that, he got too big and you brought his career down a notch. He messed with 19-0 and you didn't enjoy that.
But I fear the Reaper here. You did it to Jimmy Rollins and the Phillies as they entered the post season, you destroyed the Eagles' McNabb to T.O. connection in '04 and even when Jeff Garcia helped the Eagles to a run in '06, you were there to put him on the cover and squash the run in its tracks (along with Sheldon Brown squashing Reggie Bush in his).
So look, I'm not asking for much, but since you also put Donovan McNabb on the cover the same week as Brady, could you please find it in your hearts to stick with a one curse per cover week? Maybe even a little reverse polarity, where the other cover results in extreme success? Am I asking for too much?
Ok, how about you just put Dallas on the cover. Thanks!
- Via Deadspin, 73% off? Holy Shnikes!
- AGM gives us a thoughtprovoking article on Black QBs in the NFL
- The 506 provides an awesome service of presenting NFL broacast maps, but Awful Announcing's format is much nicer (for me personally) to view everything at once
- Via PFT...Tony Romo is a bitch
- They're not cocky, they're confident
- Tom Hanks would be pissed, Billy Wagner's kind of a bitch (Now a new and improved Video Link!). And honestly, I do feel kind of bad that he's got such a devestating injury at this point in his career, but...the man's an asshole and the way he left us Philly fans and then turned on us, really doesn't help me feel any worse.
- Hey, Derek Jeter is actually pretty good
- Vince Young is legitimately hurt (MCL Sprain), but more importantly, what the hell is going on?
- Maybe he actually meant Ocho Cinco Cero Cero Cero Cero...
- And finally, Via EC, The Righteous Kill of Tom Brady