With the tape delayed Olympics now in the books, the sports world is most likely hungover and awaiting October Baseball and...Yes! Football is now just about in full swing, as Labor Day Approaches.
What to expect, will be this. As I will have limited internet access over the next week or two, expect the Links to be more sporadic than usual. I will try to have some other BNBers cover, but it may be limited. We'll do out best to be ready for football season. That being said, be prepared for some top level (well, blogger top level...ok, not shitty) NFL coverage...and for that matter, more random things like interviews with gladiators.
On to the links!
- Dude, James Loney doesn't suck that much (and doesn't make that much either)...but Andruw "The U is for Useless" Jones may be displacing Loney at first base so Ned Colletti doesn't feel as dumb about signing him.
- Speaking of Red Sox supposedly breaking the mold only to return to form, J.D. Drew is injured...
- With Osu Umenyiora out for the season with a knee (two actually), Michael Strahan has been mentioned as a possible replacement given, well, you know, that fact that he just retired from the champs. Turns out Strahan just wants twice what he made last season
- The Champs are here
- In an attempt to make up for the Olympic battle that never was, Deadspin provides a US Open Preview (yeah, tennis)
- Via Deadspin (again), Yahoo UK gives us the scoop on the Olympic Boxing Scandal
- Seriously, who runs the Knicks PR department?
- While this isn't odd per se, It is entertaining to see premiere NFL Franchises struggling to reach the Salary Floor...yes, "Floor"
- The Steroids Hall of Fame's newest member: Marion Jones
- And Finally, Epic Carnival is calling it: Matt Leinart = Bust