I'm still pretty pumped up about the 6 run flurry the Phils suprised everyone with last night. That being said, its always a hollow victory if you can't back it up with more Ws to take a division lead.
All gloating aside, beating Santana in the 9th (aka taking advantage of the bullpen) certainly adds fuel to the fire of this "rivalry" (because its not really all that much of a rivalry). Insufferably Mets fans will have you think that this Philadelphia franchise has always been a fraud, but when a team finally (Finally!) tries to do right by its fanbase (or as close as you're ever gonna get), it's ashame that another team's fanbase (alright, schmuck 1 in 10 fans) needs to find some reason to prove their better, even if the standings aren't it. But for the rest of the sufferable ones (the other 9 of 1o) its really just hoping a few things roll the right way, because otherwise you have no control...
that and come September it won't matter, its Eagles season for me!
- Jon Rauch is a D-Bag (heh), Randy Wolf is an Astro, while Mike Hampton returns from another DL stint and Brett Myers returns from a bout of suckatude
- Chicago's baseball is apparently sketchy as hell
- Wait...trades are coming? Hank and Hal Steinbrenner are involved...Yessssss!
- Packers talking to Bucaneers...ok, not exactly, but you can't tell me they're not thinking "but the Bucs'll pay soooo much!"
- Poor Brian Urlacher...56 mil just wasn't enough (plus the Vitamin Water!)
- So apparently The Sport News released an online sports "newspaper." Am I the only who's thinking "what the shit? This has existed for years". And besides, just because others aren't in "newspaper" form doesn't mean they're not the same...its just pointless and kind of a waste of time (on both the editors and readers).
- Chicks Fighting! (Caution: not that cool)
- And thanks to Deadspin...Cool!