Ugh. I'm still recovering from a 1+ day hangover. After Friday night's shitshow, I needed a solid Saturday of recovery and still am a little wobbly after that. Maybe its just age catching up to me?
Anyway, tonight I get to experience a blogging rarity (simply because no one talks about it), but I will be in attendance as cross-town rivals Northeastern University (#7) and Boston University (#1) will face off for what will probably be the title of Boston's best hockey team (at least until the teams meet again) after NU stunned former #1 Boston College.
What has (again) turned into a great rivalry (though BC-BU fans would disagree) should provide tons of entertainment for all in attendance. BU's squad features a ton of finesse, talent and scoring power but NU's group features toughness, grit and determination to prove they belong.
Northeastern 5, BU 4
- Alex Kovalev is a dick...but I guess Karma is a bitch...
- PFT suggests an interesting scenario that could have the NFL powers scratching their heads. I think it could be a fascinating scernario and might actually make the fans happier, but providing both a Sunday and Monday night Championship game entertainment fest in the dead of winter.
- We tip our caps to John Lynch, one of the heaviest hitters in the league.
- Darrell Rasner is going Japanese...seriously, the Yankees sold him to a Japanese team for $1 million dollars. And to think this guy (I believe) was once part of a possible Johan Santana package.
- The NY Daily News suggests that the entire FA market may in fact rest on the Yankees and C.C. Sabathia. I guess we're all waiting with baited breath...
- And finally, EC's DMtShooter gives us the 10 worst moments in a Sports Blogger's life.