Brett and the Jets helped Eric Mangini to his first win over his former employer, the New England Patriots, last night with a dramatic overtime field goal after a Randy Moss time expiring touchdown catch.
You probably didn't see it unless you live in the Northeast(Boston/NY) or have NFL Network...
That's ok, you had 49ers-Cardinals Monday...pffff
The Jets now sit alone atop the AFC East with a 1 game lead and a win over the Patriots will force other tiebreaking implications beyond head-to-head.
Again, you probably missed it. Big F.U. from the NFL to the fans right there...
- Jerruh Jones has said (and I'm quoting here) the Dallas Cowboys will "absolutely" make the playoffs. Maybe he meant the Cowboys were making a run at the NFL NIT? For those who don't remember, the Browns defeated the Eagles last year.
- MLBTradeRumors is reporting the Mets possible involvement in the C.C. Sabathia chase. Metsblog Douche-in-Chief refutes the idea.
- Cerrone, if you read this, I'm only posting again because you can't handle the rub: World F'n Champions!
- Paul Domowitch (Philadelphia Daily News) and Mike Florio (PFT) will now be at odds. Now, I like Domo and I think he's very good at his job, but Florio is right. You see, PFT is giving people want they want. They want the little tid bits, the news, the rumors (dare I say, the pro-football talk). PFT has reported some false items and broken news as well, but in reality, they've only broken news (and that's a relative term...not meant as a sleight) that someone else has reported or some other official has stated. But more importantly, people want to read this. And moreover, when something is incorrect or was a rumor that never came to fruition, Florio let's you know as soon as he knows (For example, the Billick-to-Lions talk, that was suggested yesterday and squashed today). So Domo, get over yourself, Florio is just providing a service people want. When Chris Mortensen reports that the Eagles are in negotiations with a certain FA and it never happens (*cough* Randy Moss *cough*), do you rip him?
- A little late: The Cubs have landed Kevin Gregg, thus ending the Kerry Wood Era in Chicago.
- Faketeams.com is suggesting that based on a curious number of events in Arizona, perhaps a firesale is on?
- Of all teams interested in Mark Teixiera, this one is certainly the most interesting (and one Braves fans might scoff at)
- Attention: Manny Ramirez will now accept "Serious Offers." In other news, there's a run on dueling gloves to slap eachother with in L.A.
- Real Time Fantasy pontificates on the Cowboys status post-Romo bwoken-ittle-fingey. Haines Report provides Charlie Casserly's (the guy who was fired for drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush) thoughts.
- And finally, as I learned on thefightins.com this AM, Fire Joe Morgan will be closing its doors...err...stop paying its domain fees (?) as they are now closing shop. Now, while I personally found FJM to be entertaining if not a bit too narcassistic and self-serving, they were hilarious and very good at calling out douchebags in journalism (Bill Plaschke is in nirvana today). So as a fellow blogger, I bid them adieu. Nice work guys.