Can you feel it? Can you really feel it. Tonight, for the first time in my life, the Philadelphia Phillies take the field with a chance to become World Champions.
The buzz is abound. The Flyers caught wins against the Devils, the Eagles got back on track with a win against the Falcons and the Phillies, besides simply playing baseball in October are on the cusp of the city's first championship since 1983. Soul and Barrage be damned. The World Series is the kind of title you talk about. And the men above, the boys who are bringing it home know they're on the cusp. Tonight may just be a special night.
- The Phillies are also planning on making a move. As Pat Gillick "retires" it appears as though Assistant to the GM Ruben Amaro Jr. will take his place.
- Dick Jerardi of the PDN takes a look at the last 25 years in Philadelphia
- Frank Fitzpatrick warns Philadelphia, but we all know this
- If you haven't heard, Joe Maddon was bitching about Fat Joe's hat during yesterdays game. Which would be great if he hadn't done it all season. But thefightins.com wasn't so worried about the dark spot as the white spots...
- Hi, I'm from Tampa Bay and I have sour grapes... You know what's classless, writing an article about how another team's fans are classless when you never really had fans to begin with...
- Its something we'll cover occasionally (BNB is a secret admirer of College Hockey) and INCH provides their power rankings
- And finally, something you really didn't need to know about Jamie Moyer...good work FOX