Well, the weather report for tonight in Philly is cloudy skies and high 40s. Sufficient enough for baseball (like last year in Boston...or last night in Philly - *sigh*). Another Selig screw-up as they probably could have played last night. Alas, no mistakes were made and they will (baring something blatantly ridiculous) play tonight.
The Philadelphia papers are all abashed with anger, frustration and downright disgust in regards to Major League Baseball's treatment of the Phillies, their fans and the game in general:
- Sam Donnellon, a professed Mets fan as a kid, thinks the whole game was a fraud and totally reliant on FOX, not MLB
- Todd Zolecki, a top Phillies beat writer, discusses the upset players involved.
- From Deadspin's Rick Chandler (who got it from the South Jersey Courier Post), two Phillies ripped the shit out of Bud Selig. Maybe not, because apparently said pitcher (anonymous Phillie) said he wouldn't even allow Selig to supervise one of his (we can only assume) "shits."
- And Senior times Hack, John Romano of TampaBay.com...well, he doesn't really mention anything about it, except that the Rays have "momentum." If you call being down 3-1 in the bottom of the 6th in an elimination game momentum...then yes, yes they do have momentum.
- Its been discussed amongst the Philly Phaithful...could it be Kate Smith Time?
- Brett Favre only threw 5 TDs in AZ...Deanna threw the 6th...duh
- And the collective hearts of Portland Trailblazers' fans are in their throats...That didn't take long
- The Cs hang another one up...
- King Peter takes a look at the blown call in the Falcons-Eagles Matchup. Certainly a tough call that the officials probably got wrong but this isn't baseball, you don't just make up the rules as you go.
- EC gives us an early look at...yep, Wrestlemania
- And finally, Charles Barkley is class all the way...