In case you didn't get enough yesterday: Favre...Jets...Packers...Blah Blah Blah...Oh wait, you say there's more? Favre...Olympics...Phelps...China Sucks...Blah Blah Blah...Alright, I can't continue, enough of this garbage.
Anyway, now that that's out of the system again, we should pursue some links. Tonight's (today...right now actually) opening ceremonies, I'm told, are supposed to be a dosie. I personally, have been trying to stick my head in the sand in regards to some of it, because I'd like to watch the taped display on NBC tonight. That being said, given our 24 hour news addiction and ESPN's omniscient powers to tell everyone everything (and hair the dog of the Brett Favre Hangover), its going to be hard to avoid big names winning big events. The Blogosphere will also be present; the700level.com blogger (and AOL Fanhouse blogger) Enrico Campitelli (whom I'm a big fan of personally) is in China doing his blogger-style review of the olympics. Naturally, while blogging is always difficult (access, money...you know things that seperate us from say...real journalism) will be ampllfied by the Chinese preventing...well...anyone, from accessing anything. Best of luck to Enrico though and keep an eyes on both the Olympics at AOLFanhouse and the700level.com for updates.
- I guess this is kinda sports related (WWE is sooo a Sport). World's Great Dad Arrested?
- As you already know: Phils get Eyre & Rays Get Bradford
- In Yankees news, the Yanks placed Joba on the DL, replaced him with Ian Kennedy (Chuckles), and uh...hey Carl Pavano pitched somewhere!
- The Clip just signed the blackest white guy in the league...Thug Fo Life!
- B-West gettin paid!
- Epic Carnival Mocks the New York Media for...their lack of a heart?
- And courtesy of Awful Announcing: Barry Switzer's back on TV...on Saving Grace?