With the Olympics upon us, we here at BNB will provide...well minimal coverage until the hype gets to us...because if I asked you who Michael Phelps was in 2002, you'd have no clue and in 2006, you'd say "yeah...that guy...uh...Australia?"
Besides that, football season is coming in. Teams are returning from camp to their real facilities and early games are starting...mostly on local TV with announcers who probably know more than Joe Buck. We'll be sure to give you any valuable scoops we find...that being said...I doubt it.
- So last night MLB tried out Instant Replay on Home Runs...didn't work.
- Hey, Livan Hernandez has a job...Sadly its probably in the worst place possible
- You know how everyone has a filter. For what they say, what they do and some filters are better than others (Michael Scott for instance). Does Ozzie Guillen have such a filter? Does he even think before he talks?
- Earl Boykins is gone!? We are all sadden by the loss of the only NBA player we know we could dunk over...
- Our compadres at Deadspin suggest (via legitimate news sources) that Brett Favre is Tampa bound
- And perhaps the play of the year...The Sox are robbed thanks to the heads-uppedness of Ross Gload