Would you laugh at me if I told you I enjoyed portions of the women's gymnastics events last night. Sure I was at a bar. Sure I was imbibing some of Boston's finest beverages. Sure I have a severe headache this morning. But last nights events, resulting in Americans taken first and second, certainly had the type of quality performance that will...well it'll be reran during the 2012 games and so on.
But in reality, watching a fellow countryman (countrywoman?) follow through years of hard work and watch it come to fruition is a moment many of us Americans take seriously. And so, in a rare moment, this BNBer salutes those for...well...just trying really hard.
Anyway, that will be a rare (real rare) glimpse into the nice side of BNB...let's go back to making fun of Chad Johnson
- PFT gives us the scoop on the most recent Sean Salisbury sighting (actually, they just link to Deadspin, but I thought the highlights thanks to PFT were better)
- Uhhh....Epic Carnival gives us a preview of Summerslam (yep, professional wrestling)
- The Smoking Gun lets us know what Tom Coughlin did last summer (they know!)
- Awful Announcing points out MC Hammer has work!
- AA also provides the video on NBC's self-proclaim greatest gymnastics coach ever Tom Cruising Bob Costas
- Kotsay for the cycle (and the loss)
- Stephon Marbury is thinking Milan...really
- And finally, EC gives us the low down on Gymnastics gambling