For me, its a mildly humid day in Boston; where, thanks to the NYSE's early close, I'll be finishing work around 3 and later tonight I'll be jetsetting to Pennsylvania for the weekend (ok, ok, I'm taking the bus, its cheaper)
What that means is I can't guarantee your Daily Linkin' Logs over the next three days, but I'll certainly try.
Alright then, off to the links:
- The folks at one of my favorite blogs The700level.com are all the rage about Brett Myers latest start for the Iron Pigs of Lehigh Valley (how ironic Brett). Among the interesting chunks; Brett gives up 3 over 5 IP, provides a less than stellar review of Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee and a set of quotes from Comcast SportsNet reporter Leslie Gudel.
- Just a myriad of baseball injuries this morning: The LA Times says Rafael Furcal is out for the year, The Pittsbrugh Tribune-Review reports Matt Capps is out for 2 months, The Denver Posts has news that starter Jeff Francis will spend 15 days on the DL, and the Contra Costa Times notes another shouder injury, this time for A's 3rd baseman Eric Chavez
- The Seattle Post-Intelligencer makes it official, the SuperSonics are going to OK City
- The Dallas Morning News reports the Mavs have signed...Dasagana Diop?
- ESPN reports he's coming back, but the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal reports otherwise, suggesting that Brett Favre isn't coming back...and has proof, he said so!
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. TSN is reporting that Marian Hossa, not surprisingly left the Penguins but spurned the Bruins to join the Detroit Red Wings
- But the Pens kept most of the birds in the flock, as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Orpik stays and Marc Andre-Fluery agrees to a new structured deal and (as reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Tribune) Evgeni Malkin will stay put too.
- As reported by Walkoff Walk, another Met is injured, this time its blogger Matt Cerrone with a stubbed toe
- And of course, last but not least, KissingSuzyKolber reports Mike Vangerjagt has landed...in the CFL...and he still sucks