But really, the stories of from here on out will mostly involve football, as most teams are beginning to or already have opened training camp, signaling the beginning of the pure entertainment otherwise known as Football.
We'll do our best to keep you aprized of any entertaining developments but for now...Links!
- I wonder if 50 year old WNBA players can fight as well? At least she won't get pregnant...right?
- Our condolences to Pedro Martinez, who's father, Pablo, passed away last night at the age of 79 after a long battle with brain cancer. Martinez left last night's game in the 7th to take a charter flight to the Domincan Republic. We can only hope that Mr. Martinez's death is met with some measure of relief, as he has been suffering for months. For now, most baseball fans understand that Pedro needs to focus on what's really important and we at BNB wish him and his family the best.
- If you thought the Atlanta Braves were already looking to be in trouble, now they're completely effed!
- And then there were Five (bidders for the cubbies)
- Come on Red Sox; Manny Ramirez "mysteriously" has a sore right knee, its almost August and the team is battling for a playoff spot...he obviously just wants to take a little vacation time.
- Only in America would anyone pay Steve Bartman to show up...anywhere
- And now he's texting too? What is this, high school?
- There's a showdown brewing in Chicago between Devin Hester and the Bears...betcha Hester wins...
- Hey look, Donte Stallworth is hurt...personally, I'm shocked...
- One thing this BNB "writer" takes pride in is pointing out the stupidity of Keith Hernandez. Exhibit A, Keith storing this little kitty in his spank bank
- While we're at it, The Fightin's also gave us this little ditty about Chris Wheeler layin' it down on Jose Reyes's antics. Can't say I don't disagree...I'd love to smack the smile right off that guy's face...really...
- They're letting Merrill Hodge out of his cage? Shit....
- And Deadspin has some nice info on the Army porking Detroit Lions TE Caleb Campbell right before he could get into camp. Alright Army, this is not exactly the way to get good PR...
Update: Screw it, i might be willing to Jose Canseco this whole thing just to take a swing at Reyes. Am I going to be a sore loser? Sure, why the hell not. Jose Reyes isthe definition of a classless player; Pissed at the ump for not getting your way? Check Fist pumps at every home run? Check Stomp around the field after being called out on a stolen base? Check Think your wise-ass smile will give you popularity around the league? Check.
Maybe its just the typical fight for first (and losing) thing that makes my blood boil, but does anyone else think this Mets team is just slightly more pansy-assed than anyone else. Barry Sanders always put it best; "Act like you've been there before."
Bottom Line: I'd still slap the smile off his face. Who's with me?!