While attempting to sleep off this one I did happen to watch Padraig Harrington's pretty stunning performance in "The Open Championship." Needless to say, Greg Norman was the underdog yet hopeful leader and Harrington was the whimsical Irishman who did not relent on the back nine nailing two shots to really seal the deal. I'm not an avid golf watcher, but this event was very entertaining.
I also caught the beginning of the the F1 race on Sunday. Unfortunately the fireworks were on Saturday, when Danica Patrick, unable to pass Milka Duno during a practice round, confronted the fellow female racer. Normally, this would only be slightly entertaining than Nascar (i.e. not at all) but...well, I'll let the video speak for itself (Personally, I like the part where Duno throws a towel...twice!)
Well, enough banter, on to the links:
- Tom Haudricort of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal explains Ray Durham's experience of being traded from one side of the field to the other (seriously).
- And it all comes crashing down on Kerry Wood and the Cubs...again...for the 12th time...
- Good Ole Cholly send a message...
- Harold Baines is getting a Statue?!
- The only way the OKC franchise gets away with picking this lame of a nickname is by either getting Shaq or an incredibly fat woman as a mascot.
- Redskins rent Jason Taylor this year for the steep price of a 2nd rounder and a 6th in 2010.
- and the Eagles got their return man...signed
- If you haven't been keeping up, the situation between the NHL and the new Russian Continental Hockey league is a fascinating experience in international sports not seen in the US (more typical of soccer). The International Ice Hockey Federation is now stepping in as governing body between the NHL and the new Russian League.
- See, I told you those euro-trash soccer fans were pussies...we'll kick your ass, any day, any time
- And from AwfulAnnouncing, why do they keep giving this guy a job?!