- Some quick MLB hits that don't merit an entire log: Brad Lidge ain't leavin' Philly, Brewers got C.C., and Damon and Napoli hit the DL.
- The New York Times reports Terry Francoma (not a typo) proves stupid than Phildelphians originally thought by adding vaunted catcher Jason Varitek to the AL Mix
- Vote "Pat the Bat" in 08!
- As a quick aside, the Phillies currently have three players in the top 8 in Home Runs in the MLB right now and yet only one is/will be on the All-Star Team. (Burrell deserves to go, but the NY Bias will kill everyone's chances...and Wright should have been on before Aramis Ramirez anyway). I know the guy's only hitting .223, but when you have arguably the most prolific home run hitter in the league today, not in the All-Star Game, its a travesty (nevermind the fact that he leads the league in RBIs as well)
- The AL also has 6 closers (none named Billy Wagner!)...talk about a lock down
- Tennessee Titans, Baby Blue
- Hey, Chicago cares about hockey afterall!
- The Soul...even if you don't like Arena League, you had to love that ending
Monday, July 7, 2008
Daily "Linkin' Logs" - Post Holiday Issue (7/7/2008)
So, I wasn't kidding when I said I may not make any posts this weekend. Alas, I spent a solid 18 hours on a bus (or between buses) and then proceeded to visit as many bars as I could find in the greater Lancaster County Area (and no, I didn't drink with the Amish). Good times abound, but I did have my head in the sand for all things not Philadelphia (I drunkenly watched the Phils lose Saturday). The results; some links you might already know about...but it should still be fun